This DataPlugin supports reading / importing of European Data Format files.
The European Data Format (EDF) is a straightforward and flexible format for exchange and storage of multichannel biological signals. One EDF data file contains one continuous digitized polygraphic recording. A data file consists of a header record followed by data records.
- EDF (European Data Format) files.
- EDF+ files.
- Large blocked data files.
- Writing of EDF files.
- All channels are saved into one channel group.
- Saving of all numeric and waveform channels.
- All channels must have the same channel length and the same "Waveform x-step width" property value.
- "Waveform x-name" and "Waveform x-unit" properties will be ignored when writing to EDF file.
- Annotations. Those will be supported in a later version.
This DataPlugin integrates into the NI Biomedical Startup Kit. The Biomedical Startup Kit uses the LabVIEW graphical development environment to analyze biomedical signals.
|File Extension:||*.REC; (*.EDF; *.EDF+)|
|Direction:||Read / Write|
|Last Change:||September 26, 2011 [18.104.22.168]|
|How to install this DataPlugin (C++)|
|Overview DataPlugins / DataPlugins Home Page|
|DIAdem Home Page|
|NI Biomedical Startup Kit|
Application Software: DIAdem Development System 10.2, LabVIEW Base Development System 2010
Toolkits and Add-Ons: LabVIEW DataFinder Toolkit 2009, NI DataFinder Server Edition 2.1, Biometric Login Toolkit
Language(s): VB Script
Reader Comments | Submit a comment »
I am finding this DataPlugin difficult to use. Are there any examples or documentation that can be provided? I tried creating a simple example that writes to EDF. But then I can't seem to read back the same EDF or append to it.
- May 31, 2012
It would be great if you could import the annotations, too. Until then, I may have to use other data vizualization tools.
- email@example.com - Aug 11, 2011