Generate Analog Output Signal From Motion Board
INSTALLING THE EXAMPLE:
Download this example to the directory of your choice, and make sure to save in the same directory all the files (for the CVI version).
1. Make sure the board is initialized.
2. Make sure the board ID is "1", otherwise please change it. In LabVIEW you can change it from the Board ID control; in CVI you have to open the source file and in "boardID" declaration define the new value.
3. Make sure every axis you are going to select is NOT configured for servo.
4. Run the VI in LabVIEW or build and run the executable in CVI.
5. Change controls to see how the voltage in AOUTx (x is the axis number) changes with reference in AGND.
RELEVANT FUNCTIONS USED:
LabVIEW: Load DAC.flx
Using the function for loading a value to the DAC channel selected is very simple, the only trick you have to watch is that the function does not accepts a voltage value as input, e.g. 5.78 V, the input is an integer value ranging from -32,768 to 32,767 which corresponds to whole range of -10 to +10 Volts, so in the program the value selected is scaled to the actual range of the DAC.
Application Software: LabVIEW Full Development System 6.1
Hardware Group: Motion Control
Driver: NI-Motion 5.2
Reader Comments | Submit a comment »