This DataPlugin supports the reading/importing and writing/exporting of data files created by The MathWorks, Inc. MATLAB® Software.
MAT files are written by MATLAB® from The Mathworks. This DataPlugin allows to import and export MATLAB® files and directly read *.MAT files.
- Files with homogeneous variable types of less than 3D dimensionality.
- Homogeneous variables of data type CHAR, LOGICAL, INT8, UINT8, DOUBLE, SINGLE, INT16, UINT16, INT32, UINT32, INT64, and UINT64.
- Loading all allowable variables from a given *.MAT file and ignoring any non-allowable variables during import.
- Reading text channels from the MATLAB® file.
- STRUCT data, where each field is a variable.
- CELL data from *.DAT files.
- COMPRESSED data from *.MAT files.
- BigEndian data type.
- LittleEndian data type.
- The DataPlugin displays channels in the Data Portal as *.MAT files by sending those channels to variables in the same way as they were originally imported.
- Writing text channels to strings from the MATLAB® file.
- The DataPlugin no longer decorates variable names with a 'v_' prefix.
- The DataPlugin no longer writes a log file.
- A separate time channel is created for waveform channels.
- Loading variables in a *.MAT file of heterogeneous data types such as OBJECT and FUNCTION.
- Variables with an invalid class type are ignored.
- Three-dimensional arrays
|Direction:||Read / Write|
|Last Change:||June 14, 2013 [126.96.36.19979]|
The following changes have been made to this version:
MATLAB® is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc.
Application Software: DIAdem Development System 10.2, LabVIEW Base Development System 2010
Toolkits and Add-Ons: NI DataFinder Server Edition 2.1, LabVIEW DataFinder Toolkit 2009
Reader Comments | Submit a comment »
64-bit LV support
I would like to write files using my 64-bit LabVIEW application. Where is the plugin for 64-bit LabVIEW?
- Feb 15, 2013
Update for LabVIEW 2012?
Is there a change this plugin will be updated for use with LabVIEW 2012? I installed the plugin, but it does not show up in the list, even after a complete system restart.
- Feb 1, 2013
Hello, I am using LabVIEW 2009 and 2010. In LV 2010 the Matlab plugin works fine, but not in LV 2009. Is there any chance to get this plugin for LV2009 SP1? thanks a lot in advance!
- Jan 23, 2013
Hello, if I export from .tdm into .mat which version of .mat it is transformed to. Into Matlab 7 or Matlab 6 format? Thanks. Regards.
- Mar 20, 2012
The matlab import works perfectly but the export does not work at all. Give an error messasge, but anyway it save's a file but it is empty. Someone can help me?
- Medir Vila, IDIADA. email@example.com - Jul 6, 2010