This DataPlugin supports reading / importing and writing / exporting of MDF (Measure Data Format) Version 4 formatted files.
The Measure Data Format (MDF) Version 4 is well-established in the automotive industry for recording and exchanging, and for post-measurement analysis. MDF4 files are used by eg. INCA® from ETAS, and by CANape® and other products from Vector.
Note: There is a second DataPlugin which supports MDF files up to version 3.2.
Supported Features (Reading MDF4 Files):
- Reading MDF4 files up to version 4.1.
- Channels with data types #0-9 and #13-14
[unsigned integer, signed integer (two’s complement), IEEE 754 floating-point format FLOAT (4 bytes), IEEE 754 floating-point format DOUBLE (8 bytes): with Big Endian (Motorola) or Little Endian (Intel) Byte order., String (UTF-8, UTF16, ASCII), CANopen date, CANopen time]
- Reading channels without values (length = 0).
- Root property "hd_start_time", representing the start time of the measurement.
- Ignore invalid block id's.
Non-Supported Features (Reading MDF4 Files):
- Reading channels with CCBlock data types #9 (text to value tabular) and #10 (text to text tabular)
- Reading channels with data type "Byte Array" (CN #10), "MIME sample"(CN #11) and "MIME stream" (CN #12)
Supported Features (Writing MDF4 Files):
- Writing MDF version 4 formatted files.
- By writing MDF files, the first channel of a channel group will be set to time channel ("master" or "virtual master").
- All channels in a group have the same channel length.
- A new time channel is created in a group with one single channel
- The read properties (see list) will be written back to MDF4 except:
- Root.SortStatus will be ignored. If read back, it will be always "sorted"
- Group.sortedgroup will be ignored. If read back, it will be always "sorted".
- Channel.cn_type "variable length" will be changed to "fixed length", 1st channel will be always "master" or "virtual master". If the other channels have these values, they will be changed to "fixed length".
- Write back Enum channel with Enum properties.
- The Data will be stored as Little Endian(Intel) or Big Endian (Motorola).
Non-Supported Features (Writing MDF4 Files):
- Data types other than eR64.
- Little and Big Endian switch - now always little.
- Text channels are ignored by writing MDF files.
MDF4 files can contain bus log information. For more information, please refer to DIAdem Bus Log Converter.
|Direction:||Read / Write|
|Last Change:||March 12, 2013 [188.8.131.52]|
|Update Information:||Speeded up the loading performance.|
Application Software: DIAdem Development System 2011, LabVIEW Base Development System 2011
Toolkits and Add-Ons: NI DataFinder Server Edition 2011, LabVIEW DataFinder Toolkit 2011
Reader Comments | Submit a comment »