TestStand 2016 Help
»View Product Info
Use the following information to help you find resources as you use TestStand. The manuals, overview card, and reference posters listed in this guide are located in the <TestStand>\Doc\Manuals directory. This help file is located in the <TestStand>\Doc\Help directory.
Refer to the additional resources described in the following figure to learn more about developing a TestStand-based test system:
Use this Toggle Expansion button to expand or collapse the following sections. You must enable the Allow Blocked Content option in Microsoft Internet Explorer to collapse each section. You must expand each section you want to print or search.
If you are a new user, National Instruments recommends completing the following tasks to get started with TestStand:
- Review the NI TestStand System and Architecture Overview Card to familiarize yourself with the various system components, as well as the flow and structure of sequences, process models, and executions.
- Complete the tutorials in the Getting Started with TestStand manual.
- Review the general test executive concepts, major TestStand software components, and TestStand building blocks information in this help file, and familiarize yourself with the organization of the content in this help file.
- Read the NI TestStand Release Notes to familiarize yourself with the new features, upgrade information, behavior changes, and documentation resources.
- Use the TestStand example programs, located in the <TestStand Public>\Examples directory, as a starting point for applications you create.
If you are upgrading from an earlier version of TestStand, refer to the new features and the compatibility and known issues topics in this help file and the NI TestStand Release Notes for compatibility information and major feature changes. Refer to the Readme.html file, located on the TestStand installation media and in the <TestStand>\Doc directory, for important last-minute information about TestStand 2014.
TestStand Document Summaries
- NI TestStand Release Notes (August 2014)—Use this document to learn about system requirements, installation instructions, information about new features, and other changes since the previous version of TestStand.
- NI TestStand System and Architecture Overview Card (August 2014)—Use this card to learn about the overall architecture of TestStand and as a reference for key concepts.
- Getting Started with TestStand (August 2014)—Use this manual to familiarize yourself with the TestStand environment and the basic features you use to build and run test sequences. Chapter 1, Introduction to TestStand, of this manual includes a Creating a TestStand System section that includes information about creating a TestStand-based test solution, including phases of the development life cycle.
- NI TestStand Help (August 2014)—Use this help file to complete the following tasks:
- NI TestStand User Interface Controls Reference Poster (August 2012)—Use this poster as a reference of the classes, properties, methods, and events found in the TestStand UI Controls API, as well as an illustration of the built-in connections between the TestStand UI Controls.
- NI TestStand API Reference Poster (August 2013)—Use this poster as a reference of the classes, properties, methods, and events found in the TestStand API, as well as an illustration of API inheritance.
- NI TestStand VIs and Functions Help (August 2012)—Use this help file to learn more about TestStand-specific VIs and functions. This help file is accessible only from LabVIEW.
- Using the NI TestStand User Interfaces (August 2014)—Use this HTML file, located in the <TestStand>\Doc directory, as a starting point for creating a custom manual for user interface applications you customize based on the TestStand full-featured user interface examples.
TestStand ATML Toolkit
The TestStand ATML Toolkit installs the ATML Test Description (TD) translator and updates the ATML Test Results (TR) generator. The toolkit includes its own documentation. If you have the toolkit installed, the NI TestStand ATML Toolkit Help merges with the NI TestStand Help.
NI TestStand Advanced Architecture Series
Refer to the NI TestStand Advanced Architecture Series for more advanced concept and architecture information. This series is a suite of documents TestStand architects and developers created to provide detailed information for experienced TestStand users with complex projects.
TestStand includes a variety of example programs to help you learn and understand key concepts. Use these example programs as a starting point for applications you create.
Searching Multiple PDFs
With Adobe Reader 7.0 or later, you can search in multiple PDFs. For example, you can search all of the PDFs installed with TestStand. Refer to the Adobe Systems Incorporated website at www.adobe.com to download the latest version of Adobe Reader. To search multiple PDFs, complete the following steps.
- Use Adobe Acrobat to open a PDF located in the <TestStand>\Doc\Manuals directory.
- Click the Search button to launch the Search panel.
- In the Search panel, enter the word or phrase you want to search for.
- In the Where would you like to search? section, enable the All PDF Documents in option and specify the folder you want to search. TestStand PDFs are located in the <TestStand>\Doc\Manuals directory.