TestStand 2017 Help
»View Product Info
Download Help (Windows Only)
This example shows how to create a TestStand user interface using only LabWindows/CVI controls. The UI uses the TestStand UI manager controls to manage the application.
Example File Location
Open Example in LabWindows/CVI
<TestStand Public>\Examples\Modifying User Interfaces\Building a TestStand UI with Native Controls\CVI\TestStand UI with Native Controls.prj
TestStand User Interface API
You must have LabWindows/CVI installed to execute this example.
How to Use This Example
Complete the following steps to review the code in this example:
- In TestStand UI with Native Controls.prj, open TestExec.c.
- Select the Initialize case. In this case, references to the manager controls and the LabVIEW controls are stored in the UI data cluster, and this application is set as the main TestStand window.
- Find the SetupActiveXControls function. This case specifies callback functions that will execute when a TestStand event occurs. Refer to the in-line comments for more information.
||Note The user interface used control callbacks to implement functionality for controls, in the same way as a typical CVI UI application. These callbacks use the TSUI_ApplicationMgrGetCommand and TSUI_CommandExecute functions to implement TestStand-specific functionality.
Complete the following steps to run the example:
- (64-bit TestStand) Navigate to Build»Configuration and select Debug64 as the configuration.
- Click Debug Project to start the user interface.
- Select Open Sequence File to open a sequence file, then select Execute to run the file using the first entry point in the current process model.
- Once the execution completes, the report file path is added to the table control. This functionality is implemented in the ApplicationMgr_OnEndExecution event callback.