TestStand 2017 Help
»View Product Info
Download Help (Windows Only)
This example shows how to create a TestStand user interface using only LabVIEW controls. The UI uses the TestStand UI manager controls to manage the application.
Example File Location
Open Example in LabVIEW
<TestStand Public>\Examples\Modifying User Interfaces\Building a TestStand UI with Native Controls\LabVIEW\TestStand UI with Native Controls.lvproj
TestStand User Interface API
You must have the LabVIEW Development System installed to execute this example.
How to Use This Example
Complete the following steps to review the code in this example:
- In TestStand UI with Native Controls.lvproj, open BasicUIwithNativeControls.vi.
- Select the Initialize case. In this case, references to the manager controls and the LabVIEW controls are stored in the UI data cluster, and this application is set as the main TestStand window.
- Select the Register Event Callbacks case. This case specifies callback VIs that will execute when a TestStand event occurs. Refer to the in-line comments for more information.
- Select the Handle Events case. This case handles user interaction. Within the event cases, the GetCommand and Command.Execute methods are called to implement TestStand-specific functionality.
- Select the Shutdown case. This case closes all references and closes the panel.
Complete the following steps to run the example:
- Click Run to start the user interface.
- Select Open Sequence File to open a sequence file, then select Execute to run it using the first entry point in the current process model.
- Once the execution completes, the report file path is added to the table control. This functionality is implemented in the EndExecution event callback.