TestStand 2017 Help
»View Product Info
Download Help (Windows Only)
Use the built-in Database step types to communicate with a database. Use the Property Loader step type to import property and variable values from a file or database during an execution.
A simple database operation includes the following steps:
- Use the Open Database step type to connect to a database.
- Use the Open SQL Statement step type to perform an SQL query on tables in the database.
- Use Data Operation step types to create new records and to retrieve and update existing records.
- Use the Close SQL Statement step type to close the SQL query.
- Use the Close Database step type to disconnect from a database.
To edit a database step type in the TestStand Sequence Editor, click Edit <Step Type Name> on the Edit tab of the Step Settings pane.
To edit a database step type from a custom user interface, select Edit from the context menu for the step or click Edit on the General tab of the Step Properties dialog box.