TestStand 2017 Help
»View Product Info
Download Help (Windows Only)
Source Control Tab
TestStand integrates with any source code control (SCC) system that supports the Microsoft SCC interface. You can check files and projects in and out of the SCC system from a TestStand workspace.
The Source Control tab contains the following controls when a workspace file is open:
- Check Out Source File(s) when Edited—When you enable this option, a dialog box prompts you to check out a file when you edit a sequence file checked into source control in the current workspace.
- Prompt to Add to Source Code Control when Inserting File into Workspace—TestStand prompts you to add a file to the source control system when you insert the file into the workspace.
- Use Dialog Box for File Checkout—Launches the Check Out Files dialog box, which lists the files you are checking out when you check out files using the Workspace window.
- Display Only Selected Files in Source Code Control Dialog Boxes—Displays only selected workspace files in Source Code Control dialog boxes. When this option is not set, the Source Code Control dialog boxes include all files under the selected item in the workspace.
- System Default Source Code Control Provider—The default SCC provider for the operating system. This setting reflects the value stored in the Microsoft Windows registry for the system SCC settings located in the string key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SourceCodeControlProvider\ProviderRegKey. The key specifies the name of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software registry key that contains the SCC provider server name and path. (32-bit TestStand) On 64-bit operating systems, this registry key appears only in the 32-bit registry. Use the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SourceCodeControlProvider\ProviderRegKey to access the key in the registry editor.
If the TestStand Sequence Editor loads a workspace file which does not specify an SCC provider name, TestStand connects to the system default SCC provider to perform SCC operations for the workspace.
When the value of this setting is empty, TestStand only connects to an SCC provider if the WorkspaceFile object specifies a specific provider name.
Selecting a Source Code Control Provider
Source Control Menu