TestStand 2017 Help
»View Product Info
Download Help (Windows Only)
The Tools menu contains the following items, which are tools to help you with tasks regarding sequence files, TestStand Engine installations, and databases. You can also create custom items for the Tools menu.
- Measurement and Automation Explorer—Launches the National Instruments Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) application.
- Deploy TestStand System—Launches the TestStand Deployment Utility, which you can use to create a custom TestStand system installation.
- Sequence File Documentation—Generates ASCII-text or HTML documentation for a sequence file and launches the Sequence File Documentation dialog box, in which you can specify which items to include in the documentation.
- Workspace File Documentation—Generates ASCII-text or HTML documentation for a workspace file and launches the Workspace Documentation dialog box, in which you can specify which items to include in the documentation.
- Package XML/HTML Files for Distribution—The XML Packaging Utility facilitates the redistribution of XML report files created in TestStand. The utility copies local XML report files you select, including related style sheets, image files, and referenced files, to a destination directory you specify so you can view the XML report on a computer that does not have TestStand installed.
- Profile Execution—Launches the Execution Profiler window, in which you can view and record duration of steps, code modules, and other resources a multithreaded TestStand system uses over a period of time.
- Database Viewer—Launches a utility application you can use to create and discard database tables and columns. You can also use the Database Viewer application to view and edit the values a database stores.
- Import/Export Properties—Launches the Import/Export Properties dialog box, in which you can import variables and step property values from an external file, database, or the system clipboard into a sequence or export variables and step property values from a sequence to an external file, database, or the system clipboard. A common use of this command is to import or export the limit properties values for the steps in a sequence.
- Update Sequence Files—Launches the Sequence File Converter, which you can use to resave sequence files located in a directory and any subdirectories. You can use the sequence file converter to ensure that a group of files are updated so they load as quickly as possible. You can specify the form of a file as INI, XML, or binary. You can also change the protection settings of a file.
In addition, if you change the definition of a data type or step type and you do not increment the type version, TestStand typically prompts you to resolve the type difference when you load a sequence file that contains a different definition of the type. You can use the Update Sequence Files utility to update a group of files to use the changes you make to a type so TestStand does not prompt you when you load the updated files.
- Update Automation Identifiers—Applies only when you configure the ActiveX/COM Adapter to use early binding. When you update the interface for an ActiveX Automation server and the object and member identifiers for the server have changed, you must respecify any step that uses the server. Use the Update Automation Identifiers command to update the identifiers in the active sequence file based on the name of the object or member.
For steps that create an object, the command updates the CLSID and IID object identifiers. For steps that call a method or property, the command updates the MEMBERID member identifier.
- Update VI Calls—Launches the Update VI Calls dialog box, in which you can update the Express VIs a LabVIEW step calls and check or update a Standard VI call prototype. Use this dialog box when you want to run the Express VIs a LabVIEW step instance calls in a later version of the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine. Also, use the Update VI Calls dialog box to update existing Express VI instances with any changes made to the Express VI.
- Customize—Launches the Customize Tools Menu dialog box, in which you can create your own entries in the Tools menu.
||Note If you have installed the TestStand ATML Toolkit, the Tools menu also contains a Configure ATML TD Translator option that launches the ATML Test Description Translator Configuration dialog box. Refer to the NI TestStand ATML Toolkit Help, which merges with the NI TestStand Help if you have the toolkit installed, for more information about the ATML Test Description Translator Configuration dialog box.
Customize Tools Menu dialog box
Deploying TestStand Systems
Import/Export Properties dialog box
Resource Usage Profiler Window
Sequence File Converter
Sequence File Documentation dialog box
TestStand Deployment Utility
Update VI Calls dialog box
Workspace Documentation dialog box
XML Packaging Utility