TestStand 2017 Help
»View Product Info
Download Help (Windows Only)
Select Configure Notification in the context menu for the step to launch the Notification Step Configuration dialog box from a TestStand User Interface. You can also click Configure Notification on the General tab of the Step Properties dialog box. In the Notification Step Configuration dialog box, select an operation for the step to perform.
The following operations are available when you use the Notification step type:
- Create—Creates a reference to a new or existing Notification object.
- Set—Notifies one or more threads that an event has occurred or a condition has been met. When the notification is in a Set state, Wait operations on the notification succeed immediately.
- Clear—Clears the state of the notification so subsequent Wait operations block until the next Set Operation.
- Pulse—Notifies one or all currently waiting threads.
- Wait—Waits until you Set or Pulse the notification. If the notification is already in a Set state, the Wait operation completes immediately.
- Get Status—Obtains information about the state of a Notification object.
Step Properties dialog box
Synchronization Step Types