TestStand 2017 Help
»View Product Info
Download Help (Windows Only)
Use a Notification step to notify threads when a particular event or condition occurs. You can also pass data to the threads you notify.
Configuring the Step
Use the Notification Settings edit tab in the TestStand Sequence Editor and the Notification Step Configuration dialog box in a TestStand User Interface to configure the Notification step.
In addition to the common custom properties, the Notification step type defines the following step properties:
- Step.Result.TimeoutOccurred—Exists only when you configure the step for the Wait operation. TestStand sets the value to True when the Wait operation times out.
||Note If you configure the step to use the Wait operation programmatically, you must also create the Step.Result.TimeoutOccurred property using the newProperty() method for the step to execute successfully.
- Step.NameOrRefExpr—Contains the Notification Name expression for the Create operation and the Notification Name or Reference expression for all other Notification operations. For the Wait operation, the expression can also specify an array of names or references.
- Step.LifetimeRefExpr—The object reference expression for the Notification Reference Lifetime when you set the lifetime to Use Object Reference.
- Step.TimeoutEnabled—The Timeout Enabled setting for the Wait operation.
- Step.TimeoutExpr—The Timeout expression, in seconds, for the Wait operation.
- Step.ErrorOnTimeout—The Timeout Causes Run-Time Error setting for the Wait operation.
- Step.AlreadyExistsExpr—Contains the Already Exists expression for the Create operation or the Notification Exists expression for the Get Status operation.
- Step.NumThreadsWaitingExpr—The expression that specifies where to store the number of threads waiting on the notification for the Get Status operation.
- Step.Operation—A value that specifies the operation for the step to perform. The valid values are 0 = Create, 1 = Set, 2 = Clear, 3 = Pulse, 4 = Wait, and 5 = Get Status.
- Step.Lifetime—A value that specifies the lifetime setting to use for the Create operation. The valid values are 0 = Same as Sequence,
1 = Same as Thread, 2 = Use Object Reference, and 3 = Same as Execution.
- Step.DataExpr—Contains the Data Value expression for the Set or Pulse operation or the Location to Store Data expression for the Wait or Get Status operation.
- Step.ByRef—The Boolean value that specifies to store the data by object reference instead of by value for the Set or Pulse operation.
- Step.WhichNotificationExpr—The expression that specifies where to store the array offset of the notification to which the Wait operation responds.
- Step.IsSetExpr—The expression that specifies for the Get Status operation where the step stores the Boolean value that indicates the Set state of the notification.
- Step.IsAutoClearExpr—The expression that specifies for the Get Status operation where to store the Boolean value that indicates the AutoClear state of the notification.
- Step.AutoClear—The AutoClear setting for the Set operation.
- Step.PulseNotifyOpt—The setting for the Pulse operation that indicates the threads to send a pulse notification to. The valid values are 0 = Notify First Waiting Thread and 1 = Notify All Waiting Threads.
Configuring Test Sockets to Wait for Notifications (Example)