LabVIEW 2013 Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office Help
»View Product Info
Requires: Report Generation Toolkit
In the configuration dialog box of the MS Office Report Express VI, specify a Report Destination of Save to File and click the Configure Save to File Options button to display this dialog box.
Use this dialog box to set options for saving reports to files.
This dialog box includes the following components:
- Base File Name—Specifies the filename and location that the VI uses to save the report.
- Action—Specifies whether you want to save the report as a single file or as a series of files.
- Save to one file—Saves the report to a single file.
- Ask user to choose file—Causes a file dialog box to appear so users can navigate to the filename and directory where they want to save the report. If you do not place a checkmark in the checkbox, the VI uses the filename and directory that Base File Name specifies.
- Save to a series of files—Saves the report or reports into multiple files. You can specify whether you want the series of filenames to include the date and time, sequential numbering, or both.
- Date and Time—Appends the current date and time to the filename to distinguish among multiple files.
- Sequential numbers—Appends numbers in sequential order to the filename to distinguish among multiple files.
- Pad with zeros—Adds a zero to the sequential numbers from one to nine in the filename.
- Width—Specifies the number of zeros to use if you pad the filename numbers with zeros. The default is 2.
- Both—Appends each filename in the series with the date and time, followed by a number in sequential order.
- Filename preview—Contains an example of the filenaming convention the VI uses if you select Save to a series of files.
- If a file already exists—Specifies the action the VI takes if the filename exists. The default is to rename the existing file. You also can set the VI to select another name for the new report filename or to overwrite the existing file with the new report.