NI Vision 2019 for LabVIEW Help
»View Product Info
The Vision Assistant Express VI can use FIFOs to transfer images to an FPGA target. The VI processes pixels connected to the Pixel Bus input.
FPGA Target: Transfer Images to and from the Host Machine
Host Machine: Transfer Images to and from the FPGA Target
When you drop the Vision Assistant Express VI on an FPGA target, LabVIEW creates the following infrastructure:
To use pre-existing FIFOs, take the following steps:
- Select the pre-existing FIFOs from Source Image FIFO and Dest Image FIFO drop-down menus on the block diagram.
- Delete the Source Image FIFO and Dest Image FIFO from the LabVIEW project window.
Place the following VIs on the host VI block diagram to transfer images from the FPGA to the host machine, and vice versa.
- IMAQ FPGA Configure Image Transfer to Target—Configures the FIFO to transfer the image to the FPGA target.
- IMAQ FPGA Image Transfer to Target—Transfers the image to the FPGA target.
- IMAQ Configure Image Transfer from Target—Configures the FIFO to transfer the processed image from the FPGA back to the host.
- IMAQ FPGA Image Transfer from Target—Transfers the processed image from the FPGA back to the host.
The following diagram is an example of a host VI to transfer images to and from the FPGA target.