LabVIEW 2013 Real-Time Module Help
»View Product Info
Keep the following considerations in mind when using an ETS target:
- The RTOS does not support virtual memory or memory protection. If one task crashes, the target restarts to avoid unpredictable effects on other tasks.
- Time zone changes require a target restart.
File System and Directory Structure
- The file system is not case-sensitive.
- Directory paths display in Windows format. For example, paths use backslashes and contain drive letters. If you open a VI created for NI Linux Real-Time targets in an ETS target context, the Linux-style paths automatically convert to Windows-style paths.
- The FTP server is enabled by default.
- The WebDAV server is as an optional installation for your target.
||Note The WebDAV server is not available in safe mode.
- SSL is disabled by default.
- NI Web-based Configuration & Monitoring is not available in safe mode.
- UDP with DDP is used for target discovery (NI-specific protocol).
The LabVIEW Real-Time Module does not support certain LabVIEW features for VIs that run on RT targets. For instance, if you attempt to deploy and run a VI that has unsupported functionality on an RT target, the VI might still execute. However, the unsupported functions do not work and return standard LabVIEW error codes. The LabVIEW Real-Time Module does not support the following features on RT targets that run the ETS RTOS:
- ActiveX VIs
- NI TestStand VIs (ActiveX-based)
- .NET VIs
- Report Generation Toolkit VIs
- Windows Registry Access VIs
- Report Express VI (Uses the unsupported Report Generation Toolkit VIs)
- Graphics & Sound VIs
- Database Connectivity Toolkit VIs
- Menu functions
- Cursor VIs
- IrDA functions
- System Exec VI
- Call Library Function Nodes that access an operating system API other than ETS
- Open/Create/Replace File function interactively using a file dialog box
- Accessing USB devices through the VISA API on an RT target.
- Clear indicators when called option of the Execution Properties page
- Auto Configure option of the Create Histogram Express VI
Certain MathScript functions
Certain MathScript functions are supported on RT targets only when you assign the output of the function to a MathScript variable.
Certain Advanced TDMS functions
- Output Page of the LabVIEW MathScript Probe window—You can use the rt_debugoutput function to send debug strings to the standard output device instead.
Event structures on RT targets do not support events associated with user interface objects, such as VI front panels or controls. For example, associating the Value Change event with a control does not work. RT targets support only user events.
- Latch Until Released and Switch Until Released Boolean mechanical actions—Refer to the KnowledgeBase for information about why these Boolean mechanical actions do not work on RT targets.