NI DC Power Supplies and SMUs Help (NI-DCPower)
View Product Info
DOWNLOAD (Windows Only)
To create a sequence, complete the following steps:
- Set the source mode parameter of the niDCPower Configure Source Mode VI to Sequence, or set the sourceMode parameter of the niDCPower_ConfigureSourceMode function. to NIDCPOWER_VAL_SEQUENCE.
- Call the niDCPower Set
Sequence VI or the niDCPower_SetSequence function and pass an array of numeric values into the function. The array is interpreted as a list of
one of the following:
Output Function property set to
||NIDCPOWER_ATTR_OUTPUT_FUNCTION attribute set to
- Pass an array of
source delays if you intend to change source delays between each step. If you don't provide a list of source delays,
NI-DCPower uses the value of the niDCPower
Source Delay property or the NIDCPOWER_ATTR_SOURCE_DELAY attribute instead.
- (Optional) Specify a constant value for each measurement-related property or attribute for the duration of the sequence. Examples of measurement-related properties or attributes include Aperture Time, Measure Record Length, and DC Noise Rejection.
- (Optional) Configure triggers. For example, you might want your sequence to advance through steps based on interaction between your device under test and your NI-DCPower device. Refer to Sequence Source Mode for more information on how triggers fit into the sequencing model.
||Tip Typically you configure either a Start trigger or a Source trigger. A Start trigger signals the initialized device to wait for a trigger before starting the first step. A Source trigger signals the device to wait for a trigger before transitioning to the next step.
(Optional) If you repeat the sequence in a loop, configure the related properties or attributes: Sequence Advance Trigger, Sequence Loop Count Is Finite, Sequence Loop Count.
- To start sequence operation, call the niDCPower Initiate VI or the niDCPower_Initiate function.
- By default, in this context NI-DCPower
automatically acquires measurements by coercing the niDCPower Measure When property to Automatically After Source Complete or the NIDCPOWER_ATTR_MEASURE_WHEN attribute to NIDCPOWER_VAL_AUTOMATICALLY_AFTER_SOURCE_COMPLETE. To fetch these measurements, call the niDCPower
Fetch Multiple VI or the niDCPower_FetchMultiple function. NI-DCPower returns
the measurement values in an array.
- (Optional) If you want the measure unit to operate independently of the source unit in this context, set the niDCPower Measure When property or the NIDCPOWER_ATTR_MEASURE_WHEN attribute to a value other than Automatically After Source Complete or NIDCPOWER_VAL_AUTOMATICALLY_AFTER_SOURCE_COMPLETE.
- (Optional) If you want to stop sequence execution and switch to single point source mode, call the niDCPower Abort VI or niDCPower_Abort function and set the niDCPower Configure Source Mode VI or niDCPower_ConfigureSourceMode function to Single Point.
niDCPower Set Sequence VI
Configuring Advanced Sequencing