NI Volume License Manager 3.1 Help
»View Product Info
NI VLM uses the SMTP email server for the following features:
- Administrator notifications
- Emailing clients from within NI VLM
- Emailing disconnected and home licenses to clients
- Emailing clients when permission requests are handled
- You may need to contact your network administrator to obtain SMTP server settings.
Complete the following steps to configure NI VLM with your SMTP server settings:
- In the General section, set Enable email to Yes.
- In the Outgoing Mail Server Information section, enter the SMTP server address in the Server Address box. You can optionally specify a port number, for example, smtp.example.com:465. The default port is 25 if you are not using SSL encryption. If you are using SSL encryption, the default port is 465.
- Select whether to enable encryption in the Server requires encrypted connection (SSL) setting.
- If the SMTP server requires authentication, enter your SMTP server Username and Password.
- Enter the sender's Name and Email. You can enter the same information as the Administrator Information setting, or you can specify a different name and email address.
- Click Send Test Email to test the email server settings.
- In the dialog box that appears, you can either use the existing administrator email address, if shown, or enter another email address at which you want to receive the test email.
- Click Send.