CompactRIO Reference and Procedures (FPGA Interface)
»View Product Info
The CompactRIO reconfigurable embedded chassis, the integrated controllers and chassis, and the Single-Board RIO (sbRIO) devices have an FPGA LED. You can use the FPGA LED to help debug your application or easily retrieve application status. Complete the following steps to configure the FPGA LED.
Note The cRIO-9002/9004 embedded controller does not have an FPGA LED. |
- Configure the CompactRIO or sbRIO system.
- Make sure the FPGA LED I/O item is added to the CompactRIO or sbRIO system.
- Right-click the FPGA target in the Project Explorer window and select New»VI from the shortcut menu to add a new VI to the CompactRIO or sbRIO system.
- Place an FPGA I/O Node on the block diagram of the VI.
- Click the element section of the FPGA I/O Node and select Chassis I/O (or Onboard I/O)»FPGA LED from the shortcut menu.
- Right-click the FPGA LED input of the FPGA I/O Node and select Create»Control from the shortcut menu. When FPGA LED is TRUE, the FPGA LED is lit. When FPGA LED is FALSE, the FPGA LED is off.