NI License Manager Help
»View Product Info
You must activate your product before using it in accordance with its license agreement. To activate a product, you must first purchase a license. For information on purchasing licenses, contact your local National Instruments sales representative or visit ni.com/niglobal.
Complete the following steps to activate your National Instruments products:
- In NI License Manager, select one of the following methods to launch the NI Activation Wizard:
- Click the Activate button on the toolbar.
- Double-click your product in the NI License Manager tree.
- Right-click the product in the NI License Manager tree and select Activate.
- Enter the serial numbers of the products you are activating. You can find your serial number on the Certificate of Ownership included in your software kit. If your software kit does not include a Certificate of Ownership, you can find your serial number on the product packing slip or on the shipping label. For more information about finding serial numbers, visit ni.com/info and enter the Info Code SerialNumbers_en.
||Note If you have installed a previous version using your serial number, you can find the serial number by selecting the Help»About menu item within the application or by selecting your product within NI License Manager. You can also contact your local National Instruments branch.
- If requested, log into your National Instruments User Profile. If you do not have a User Profile, you will be given a chance to create one.
- Follow the prompts in the wizard to complete activation.
Upon successful activation, you can use the product immediately.
- If you were using a product before you began the activation process, you may need to restart it for the change to take effect.
- If your NI software is licensed through a volume license agreement, you do not need to activate your product. Instead, you need to point NI License Manager to a volume license server. For more information, refer to Using a Volume License Server.