NI License Manager Help
»View Product Info
Before using your product, you must activate it in accordance with its license agreement. To activate a product, you must first purchase a license. For information on purchasing licenses, contact your local NI sales representative or visit ni.com/niglobal.
Complete the following steps to activate your NI products:
- Open the NI Licensing Wizard:
- The first time you open NI software, the NI Licensing Wizard launches automatically if the software is not activated.
- From within NI License Manager, select one of the following methods to launch the NI Licensing Wizard:
- Click Activate Software on the ribbon.
- When in the Local Licenses view, right-click the product in the License tree and select Activate.
If you need to launch NI License Manager, select Start»All Programs»National Instruments»License Manager»NI License Manager, (Windows 8) click NI Launcher and select License Manager»NI License Manager, or (Windows 10) select Start»National Instruments»NI License Manager.
- When prompted, enter your National Instruments User Account credentials and click Log in. If you do not have a User Account, you can create one. The NI Licensing Wizard verifies licenses associated with your account.
- If the wizard successfully verifies the licenses associated with your account, activation completes.
- If your account lacks the appropriate licenses, proceed to the next step and enter serial numbers.
- If the connection to your user account fails or times out, you can either try again or skip to the next step and enter serial numbers.
||Note If you are unable to log in to your user account, you cannot activate using identity-based licenses or serial numbers. You must use an activation code. Follow the instructions provided by the NI Licensing Wizard to activate using an activation code.
- If the NI Licensing Wizard prompts you, enter the serial numbers of the products you are activating and click Activate. You can find your serial number in the following ways:
- On the Certificate of Ownership included in your software kit
- On the product packing slip or shipping label
- Visit ni.com/info and enter the Info Code SerialNumbers_en.
- If you have installed a previous version of your application software using your serial number, you can find the serial number by selecting the Help»About menu item within the application.
- Contact your local National Instruments branch.
- Follow the prompts in the wizard to complete activation.
If you activated through your NI software, you can use the product immediately after successful activation.
- If you were using NI software before you began the activation process, you may need to restart the software for the change to take effect.
- If your NI software is licensed through a volume license agreement, you do not need to activate your product. Instead, you need to point NI License Manager to a volume license server. For more information, refer to Using a Volume License Server.