You can save or export a signal or value to a file in LabVIEW SignalExpress in the following ways:
- Right-click an output on a step and select Save Value from the shortcut menu to save the signal or value to a text file.
- Right-click an output on a step and select Copy Value from the shortcut menu to copy the data to the clipboard. You can paste the data into other applications such as Microsoft Excel and Notepad.
- Open Microsoft Excel and drag the step output to an Excel worksheet.
- Use the Save to ASCII/LVM step to write signals or values to a text file after a step or series of steps completes execution.
- Use LabVIEW SignalExpress data logging features to create logs of your signals in the .tdms file format.
- Right-click a logged signal in the Logged Data window and select the Convert to ASCII option to save logged data in the ASCII format.
When you use the Save to ASCII/LVM step, LabVIEW SignalExpress saves signals and values in the LabVIEW measurement data file format, which is a tab-delimited text file you can open with a spreadsheet application or a text-editing application. Refer to the Specification for the LabVIEW Measurement File (.lvm) application note for more information about this file format.