You must install MIDI Yoke if you want to use the MIDI Read control. MIDI Yoke is free software that you can download from www.midiox.com/myoke.htm. Refer to the Web site for special instructions on installing MIDI Yoke with Windows Vista.
Complete the following steps to install and configure MIDI Yoke on Windows XP/2000.
- Log on as an administrator or as a user with administrator privileges.
- Download the MIDI Yoke NT 1.72 installer (MidiYokeSetup.msi) from the www.midiox.com/myoke.htm Web site.
- Run the MIDI Yoke installer and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Restart your computer when the installer prompts you.
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- (Windows XP) Double-click Sound and Audio Devices.
(Windows 2000) Double-click Sounds and Multimedia.
- Click the Audio tab.
- Select a MIDI Yoke device from the (Windows XP) Default device pull-down menu or the (Windows 2000) Preferred device pull-down menu in the MIDI music playback section and click the OK button. LabVIEW can use any MIDI Yoke device.
||Note If you do not see any MIDI Yoke devices in the pull-down menu, you might need to reinstall MIDI Yoke manually. Download the MIDI Yoke NT 1.72 manual installer (Myokent.exe) from the www.midiox.com/myoke.htm Web site and follow the instructions.
After you install MIDI Yoke you must install MIDI-OX and test the configuration before using the MIDI Read control.