Requires: Professional System (Windows)
Use this page of the Installer Properties dialog box to add files to include in the installer and to configure the destination directory structure.
This page includes the following components:
- Project View—Displays the tree view of items in the LabVIEW project, including files generated by build specifications in the project. Files that a build specification includes appear dimmed in the tree because you cannot add or remove individual files generated by a build specification. You only can add or remove the entire build specification.
Files that a LabVIEW project library owns appear dimmed in the tree because you cannot add or remove individual items owned by a project library. You can add or remove the entire project library only if the project library file (.lvlib) shares a common path with the files it owns.
- Destination View—Specifies the location and directory structure of the files when they are installed. Select an item from the Project View tree and click the arrow button or drag the file to the Destination View tree to include it in the installer directory structure. You can drag multiple files at the same time. Click the buttons below the Destination View tree to add, remove, and rename folders in the directory. You also can right-click the folders and select a command from the shortcut menu.
The folders in the Destination View directory that do not have an LV prefix correspond to Microsoft Installer (MSI) properties that install files in the following locations.
- [CommonAppDataFolder]—Files you include in this folder install to the Application Data folder.
- [CommonFilesFolder]—Files you include in this folder install to the Common Files folder.
- [DesktopFolder]—Files you include in this folder install to the Windows desktop of the current Windows user.
- [LVxxRTEDIR]—Where xx is the LabVIEW version currently in use. Files you include in this folder install to the folder of the Run-Time Engine for the LabVIEW version currently in use.
- [LVDIR]—Files you include in this folder install to the folder of the LabVIEW version currently in use.
- Add Folder—Click this button to add a folder to the installer directory structure that Destination View displays. The new folder appears under the folder you select in Destination View. The default name of the new folder is New Folder. Click the Rename button to change the name.
- Rename Folder—Click this button to rename a selected folder in Destination View. You also can double-click a folder or select the folder and press the <F2> key to rename it. You cannot rename top-level folders, which appear in brackets in Destination View.
- Remove—Click this button to remove a selected folder from Destination View. You also can select the folder and press the <Delete> key to remove it. You cannot remove top-level folders, which appear in brackets in Destination View, or the default installation directory.
- Set as default installation directory—Sets the selected folder as the default directory for the installation, which specifies the default path where the installer installs the application. Users can change the default path with a dialog box that appears during installation. In general, you should select the top-level folder under which all application files install.
- Hide unused folders?—Place a checkmark in the checkbox if you want to hide folders in the Destination View to which you did not add files from the Project View.