Requires: Base Package
Use this page of the Properties dialog box to bind front panel objects to network-published project items and to PSP data items on the network.
This page includes the following components:
|Note Some of the components in this list do not apply to all objects.|
- Data Binding Selection—Specifies the server you want to use to bind the object.
- Unbound—Specifies that the object is not bound to a network-published project item or to an NI Publish-Subscribe Protocol (NI-PSP) data item on the network.
- Shared Variable Engine (NI-PSP)—(Windows) Binds the object to a network-published project item or to a PSP data item on the network using the Shared Variable Engine.
- DataSocket—Binds the object to a data item on the network using the DataSocket Server, or on Windows, an OPC server, an FTP server, or a Web server. If you want to establish or save a URL for an object, create a shared variable rather than using front panel DataSocket data binding.
- Access Type—Specifies the type of access LabVIEW sets for the object you are configuring.
- Read only—Specifies that the object reads data from a network-published project item or from a PSP data item on the network.
|Note If you are using a network-published Shared Variable node that is configured to read data, you must run each Shared Variable node before the node subscribes and starts receiving buffered values.|
- Write only—Specifies that the object writes data to a network-published project item or to a PSP data item on the network.
- Read/Write—Specifies that the object reads data from and writes to a network-published project item or a PSP data item on the network.
- Path—Specifies the path to the shared variable or data item to which you want to bind the shared variable you are configuring. The path to an NI Publish-Subscribe Protocol (NI-PSP) data item consists of the computer name, the name of the process in which the data item resides, and the data item name: \\computer\process\data_item
- Browse—Displays a file dialog or the Select Source Item dialog box, from which you can browse to the shared variable or data item to bind the object to. The value you select in the Data Binding Selection field determines which dialog this button launches.
- Blink while Alarm On—Specifies whether the connection indicator of the control blinks when an alarm triggers. This checkbox appears only if you have the LabVIEW DSC Module installed.