Requires: Full Development System (Windows)
Use this page of the Web Service Properties dialog box to add and remove files to build into the Web service.
This page includes the following components:
- Project Files—Displays the tree view of items under My Computer in the Project Explorer window. Click the arrow buttons next to the Service VIs and Always Included listboxes to add selected files from Project Files to those lists or to remove selected files from the listboxes. The Configure RESTful VI dialog box only appears when you move an individual VI to the Service VIs listbox. Otherwise, if you move multiple VIs to the Service VIs listbox, each VI uses default configuration. You must select the individual VI and click the Configure VI button to modify the configuration.
- Service VIs—Specifies the service VIs, also known as Web method VIs, which users can access as functions of the Web service. You must include at least one Web method VI.
Click the arrow buttons next to the Service VIs listbox to add selected Web method VIs from the Project Files tree or to remove selected Web method VIs from the Service VIs listbox.
When you add a Web method VI to the Service VIs listbox, LabVIEW creates a default URL mapping on the URL Mappings page of the Web Service Properties dialog box.
- Configure VI—Activates when you select a Web method VI in the Service VIs listbox. Click the button to open the Configure RESTful VI dialog box, which you can use to define the parameters of a Web method VI.
- Always Included—Specifies the dynamic VIs, support files, and static content always to include in the Web service.
Click the arrow buttons next to the Always Included listbox to add selected files from the Project Files tree or to remove selected files from the Always Included listbox. When you add a folder to the listbox, you add all items in the folder and cannot remove individual items.
Dynamic VIs are VIs that LabVIEW dynamically calls through the VI Server. Support files are non-VI files, such as drivers, text files, help files, and .NET assemblies that the Web service uses.
You cannot move the following files to the Service VIs or Always Included listbox:
- Polymorphic VIs
- Private data controls
- Files that are not VIs, such as text, image, or .mnu files
- Library files, such as LabVIEW classes, or XControls
- Global variables
- VIs with Dynamic Dispatch Terminals
If you move a library or LabVIEW class to the Always Included listbox, LabVIEW labels all items in the library or class referenced. You can still designate any of the individual items as exported VIs. However, if you move any part of an XControl to the Always Included listbox, LabVIEW dims the related XControl files and includes the related files in the build. You cannot designate any of the related items as service VIs.