Requires: Base Package
The Edit menu contains items for searching for and modifying LabVIEW files and their components.
|Note Some menu items are available only on specific operating systems, with specific LabVIEW development systems, when an item in the Project Explorer window is selected, or when a VI is selected.|
- Undo cancels the last action you performed.
- Redo cancels the last Undo action you performed.
- Cut removes the selected item and saves it to the clipboard.
- Copy copies the selected item and saves it to the clipboard.
- Paste places the clipboard objects in the active window.
- Remove From Project removes the selected item without saving it to the clipboard.
- Select All selects all objects on the front panel or block diagram.
- Make Current Values Default stores the current values of controls and constants as defaults. You also can use the Default Values:Make Current Default method to set the current values as defaults programmatically.
- Reinitialize Values to Default returns all current controls and constants to their defaults. You also can use the Default Values:Reinitialize All To Default method to return all controls and constants to their defaults programmatically.
- Customize Control modifies the currently selected front panel control object and saves the resulting file with the .ctl extension.
- Import Picture to Clipboard imports a graphic to the clipboard for use in the VI.
- Set Tabbing Order sets the order of front panel objects.
- Remove Broken Wires deletes all broken wires from the current VI.
- Clean Up Diagram reroutes all existing wires and rearranges objects on the block diagram to generate a cleaner layout.
If you select objects on the block diagram, Clean Up Diagram changes to Clean Up Selection in the Edit menu, the shortcut menu, and on the block diagram toolbar.
- Show Hidden Controls and Indicators displays all controls and indicators on the front panel of custom controls and global variables. This option is available only in the Edit menu of a custom control or global variable VI. To display controls and indicators for VIs that are not custom control or global variable VIs, you can run the tool manually.
|Note You cannot use this option on locked VIs or VIs reserved for running.|
- Remove Breakpoints from Hierarchy removes all breakpoints from the VI hierarchy. This option is available only in the Edit menu of a VI.
|Note You must manually remove breakpoints in dynamically called VIs or VIs referenced by the Static VI Reference function.|
- Create VI Snippet from Selection—displays the Save VI Snippet As dialog box, in which you specify the directory where you want to save the section of code from the block diagram. You must select the section of code you want to save before you select this menu item.
- Create SubVI creates a new subVI from the selected objects.
- Enable Panel Grid Alignment/Enable Diagram Grid Alignment enables the grid alignment on the front panel or block diagram. When the grid alignment is enabled, this menu item changes to Disable Panel Grid Alignment/Disable Diagram Grid Alignment.
- Align Items aligns objects on the front panel.
- Distribute Items spaces objects evenly on the front panel.
- VI Revision History displays a History window you can use to view the history and document changes of the current VI.
- Run-Time Menu displays the Menu Editor dialog box, which you can use to create and edit run-time menu (RTM) files and associate them with a VI.
- Find and Replace displays the Find dialog box, which you can use to find and replace VIs, objects, and text.
- Show Search Results displays the Search Results window, which you can use to display all instances of objects or text that LabVIEW found and replace them with other objects or text.