Parent Topic: Configuring, Running, and Managing the Application Web Server
Complete the following steps to enable and configure the Application Web Server for hosting LabVIEW Web services.
||Note The LabVIEW Application Web Server runs as an independant system service. You can enable and run the Application Web Server without running LabVIEW or the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine on the host system.
- Open a standard Web browser.
- In the browser, enter a URL for the target on which you want to enable the Application Web Server. The URL must conform to the following syntax:
- To set up the Application Web server on the local host system, enter the following URL:
- To set up the Application Web server on a remote target system, enter the following URL:
http://[remote device IP address] where [remote device IP address] is the actual IP address of the remote device.
Note On the local host system, you also can launch the URL by clicking the Configure Web Application Server button on the Web Server page of the Options dialog box.
- If necessary, install the Microsoft Silverlight browser plug-in. LabVIEW requires the Microsoft Silverlight browser plug-in to enable and configure the Application Web Server.
- Click the Install Microsoft Silverlight button or if the button does not appear, refer to the Microsoft Website at www.microsoft.com to download the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in.
- After you finish the installation, refresh the browser or reenter the URL to display NI Web-Based Monitoring and Configuration.
- Click Login and enter a username and password to gain access to NI Web-Based Monitoring and Configuration for the system. If you have not established security settings for NI Web-Based Monitoring and Configuration on the system, enter the username Admin and a blank password to gain access using the default credentials.
- Click the Web Server Configuration button to display the Web Server Configuration page.
- Click Help for information about enabling and configuring the Application Web Server.