Requires: Base Development System
The Project menu contains items used for basic LabVIEW project operations, such as opening, closing, and saving projects, completing builds from build specifications, and viewing project information. The Project menu items are active only when a project is loaded.
- Create Project opens the Create Project dialog box to create a new project.
- Open Project displays a standard file dialog box you can use to navigate to and open a project file.
- Save Project saves the current project. If you are saving a new project for the first time, a dialog box prompts you to name the file and determine its location.
- Close Project closes the current project and all files that are part of the project. A confirmation dialog box prompts you to save any changes you have made to the project or files in the project.
- Add to Project provides options for items you can add to a project. Add to Project includes the following items:
- New VI adds a new, blank VI to the project.
- New displays the New dialog box.
- File displays a file dialog box you can use to navigate to a file to add to the project.
- Folder (Snapshot) displays a file dialog box you can use to navigate to a directory to add to the project. When you select a directory on disk, LabVIEW creates a new virtual folder in the project with the same name as the directory on disk. LabVIEW also creates project items that represent the contents of the entire directory, including files and contents of subdirectories.
|Note After you add a virtual folder to a project, LabVIEW does not automatically update the folder in the project if you make changes to the directory on disk.|
- Folder (Auto-populating) displays a file dialog box you can use to navigate to a directory to add to the project. LabVIEW continuously monitors and updates the folder according to changes made in the project and on disk. This item is available only if you select a target or a folder under the target in the Project Explorer window.
- Hyperlink displays the Hyperlink Properties dialog box. You can add hyperlinks to link to files or directories that are not on the local computer but are accessible on the Internet or the local network.
- Build completes the build for the build specifications you select. This item is available only with the Professional Development System or Application Builder.
- Build All completes builds for every build specification under Build Specifications. This item is available only with the Professional Development System or Application Builder.
- Run runs the completed build for the build specifications you select. This item is available only with the Professional Development System or Application Builder.
- Filter View allows you to show or hide Dependencies and Build Specifications in the Project Explorer window.
- Show Item Paths displays the Paths column in the Project Explorer window.
- File Information displays the Project File Information dialog box.
- Resolve Conflicts displays the Resolve Project Conflicts dialog box. LabVIEW enables this option only when there are conflicts in the project.
- Properties displays the Project Properties dialog box.