Requires: Base Development System
The View menu contains items that display LabVIEW environment windows, including the Error List window, Getting Started window, and Navigation window. You also can display palettes and project-related toolbars. Use the Browse Relationships item to view aspects of the current VI and its hierarchy.
|Note Some menu items are available only on specific operating systems, with specific LabVIEW development systems, when an item in the Project Explorer window is selected, or when a VI is selected.|
- Controls Palette displays the Controls palette.
- Functions Palette displays the Functions palette.
- Tools Palette displays the Tools palette.
- Quick Drop displays the Quick Drop dialog box.
- Breakpoint Manager displays the Breakpoint Manager window, which you can use to enable, disable, and clear all breakpoints in the VI hierarchy.
- Probe Watch Window displays the Probe Watch Window, which you can use to view data that flows through a probed wire.
- Error List displays the Error list window, which lists the errors in the current VI.
- Load and Save Warning List displays the Load and Save Warning List dialog box.
- VI Hierarchy displays the VI Hierarchy window, which you can use to view the subVIs and other nodes that make up the VIs in memory and to search the VI hierarchy.
- LabVIEW Class Hierarchy displays the LabVIEW Class Hierarchy window, which you can use to view the hierarchy of LabVIEW classes in memory and to search the LabVIEW class hierarchy.
- Browse Relationships contains items for viewing aspects of the current VI and its hierarchy. Browse Relationships includes the following items:
- This VI's Library, XControl, or Class highlights the project library, XControl, or LabVIEW class to which the current VI belongs in the Project Explorer window. The menu item changes according to the type of library that owns the VI. If the library, XControl or class is not in a LabVIEW project, LabVIEW opens a new window that contains only the library, XControl, or class to which the current VI belongs. You can use the Library property to display the name of the owning library programmatically.
- (Statechart) This VI's Statechart highlights the .lvsc file, or statechart library corresponding to the statechart diagram in the Project Explorer window.
- This VI's Callers displays a list of all the VIs that call the current VI as a subVI. You also can use the Callers' Names property to display the list programmatically.
(Statechart) If you select This VI's Callers in the Statechart Editor window, LabVIEW displays a list of the VIs that contain Statechart Communication functions that link to the current statechart. If you select This VI's Callers from a subVI in the guard or action code of a statechart, LabVIEW displays the statechart diagram as a search result.
- This VI's SubVIs displays a list of all the subVIs to the current VI. This list does not include subVIs of subVIs to the current VI. You also can use the Get VI Dependencies (Names and Paths) method to display the list programmatically.
(Statechart) If you select This VI's SubVIs in the Statechart Editor window, LabVIEW displays a list of any subVIs in the guard and action code of the current statechart. If you select This VI's SubVIs from a caller VI of a statechart, LabVIEW displays the statechart diagram as a search result.
- Unopened SubVIs displays a list of all the unopened subVIs in memory. Select View»Browse Relationships»This VI's Hierarchy to display a hierarchical list of all VIs in an application.
- Unopened Type Defs displays a list of all the unopened type definitions that are in memory.
- Reentrant Items displays the front panels of the reentrant VI that calls the current VI as a subVI and all clones of the reentrant VI. You can edit only the subVI, not the reentrant VI.
- Bookmark Manager displays the Bookmark Manager window.
- This VI in project displays the Project Explorer window with the current VI selected.
- Class Browser displays the Class Browser window, which you can use to select available object libraries and view classes, properties, and methods within the selected object library.
- .NET Assemblies in Memory displays the .NET Assemblies in Memory dialog box, which contains all the assemblies that LabVIEW has in memory. Use this dialog box to verify that LabVIEW is loading the correct assemblies for projects and VIs that use .NET objects.
- ActiveX Control Property Browser displays the ActiveX Control Property Browser from which you can view and set all the properties associated with an ActiveX control or document in an ActiveX container.
- Getting Started Window displays the Getting Started window.
- Navigation Window displays the Navigation window.
- Toolbars allows you to show or hide the Standard, Project, Build, and Source Control toolbars. These toolbars are available only in the Project Explorer window.