Requires: Base Development System
Right-click a Variable refnum control or constant and select Properties from the shortcut menu to display the Properties dialog box. Then select the Configuration tab to display this page.
Use this page to configure the data type, access, and timestamp settings of a Variable refnum.
This page includes the following components:
- Specify Data Type—Specifies whether to restrict the data type of the Variable refnum control or constant. If you specify the data type in this dialog box, the data type input terminal is unavailable on open, read, and write functions when accessing a reference to the Variable object.
- Type—Specifies the data type of the Variable refnum control or constant. Select From Custom Control and enter a path or browse to a custom type control to use a custom control or typedef as the data type of the shared variable.
- Configure Fixed Point—Displays the Configure Fixed Point dialog box. This button is available only if you select a data type compatible with the fixed-point data type.
- Disconnect From Typedef—Disconnects the shared variable from the typedef that defines its data type. If you click this button, LabVIEW no longer applies typedef updates to the shared variable. This button appears only if you select From Custom Control from the Data Type pull-down menu and then select a typedef control as the data type of the shared variable.
- Restrict Access—Specifies whether to restrict access to the Variable refnum control or constant.
- Allow Read—Specifies whether to allow read access to the Variable refnum control or constant.
- Allow Write—Specifies whether to allow write access to the Variable refnum control or constant.
- Read Timestamp—Specifies whether to read timestamp values from shared variables. If you place a checkmark in this checkbox and then attempt to read a timestamp from an I/O variable with timestamps disabled, the timestamp output returns the default timestamp value and the error out output returns a warning.