Requires: Professional System
Select Tools»Compare»Compare VIs from the menu on the front panel or block diagram of a VI to display the Compare VIs dialog box. After you select the two VIs you want to compare, click the Compare button to display the Differences dialog box.
Use this dialog box to display the results of the VI comparison.
This dialog box includes the following components:
- Differences—Displays a list of the differences LabVIEW found between the two VIs you compared.
- Show Difference—Highlights the change you select. The Show Difference button is available only when you select a change in the Difference(s) list. A checkmark indicates the differences you viewed.
- Details—Displays a more detailed explanation of the highlighted difference.
- Show Detail—Highlights the detail of the change you select on the front panel or block diagram. The Show Detail button is available only when you select a detail description in the Detail(s) list. A checkmark indicates the details you viewed.
- Clear—Clears the current comparison from memory.
- Circle differences—Displays a circle around the selected difference when you view the difference.
- Update—Regenerates a comparison that includes the most current version of the VI. Click the Update button if you change one of the compared VIs after you perform the comparison.
- Tile Left and Right—Displays the VIs side-by-side, with the original VI on the left side of the screen and the VI to which you are comparing it on the right.
- Tile Up and Down—Displays the original VI on the top of the screen and the VI to which you are comparing it on the bottom.
- Create Report—Displays the Create Report dialog box. You can use the Create Report dialog box to create a report that summarizes the differences between the VIs.