Requires: Base Development System
Select Edit»Find and Replace from the front panel window or block diagram window to display this dialog box.
(Statechart) Select Edit»Find and Replace in the Statechart Editor window to display this dialog box.
Use this dialog box to find and replace VIs, Express VIs, objects, and text in the VIs in memory. The Find dialog box displays different search options depending on whether you search for objects or text. After LabVIEW completes the search, the Search Results window appears.
|Note The Search Results window appears only if LabVIEW finds more than one object during a search. If LabVIEW finds only one object, LabVIEW highlights the object on the front panel window or block diagram window.|
(Statechart) You also can search a statechart diagram, including the guard and action code of the statechart, for a particular object or string of text. The Search Results window appears only if LabVIEW finds more than one object during a search. If LabVIEW finds only one object, LabVIEW highlights the state or transition that contains the object in the Statechart Editor window.
Regular expression support is provided by the PCRE library package. Refer to the Copyright page at Important Information»Copyright on the Contents tab for more information about the license under which the PCRE library package is redistributed.
Refer to the PCRE website at www.pcre.org for more information about Perl Compatible Regular Expressions.
This dialog box includes the following components:
- Objects—Searches for a VI, function, or other block diagram object. When you select this option, the Select Object button appears.
- Select Object—Appears if you select Objects at the top of the dialog box. Click the Select Object button to display a pull-down menu of objects for which you can search.
- Text—Searches for a word or phrase.
- Type in the word(s) to search for—Appears if you select Text at the top of the dialog box. Enter the word or phrase you want to find.
- Case sensitive—Appears if you select Text at the top of the dialog box. Place a checkmark in this checkbox to find text strings that match the case exactly. For example, a search for foo does not match an occurrence of FOO or Foo.
- Match whole word—Appears if you select Text at the top of the dialog box. Place a checkmark in this checkbox if you want to search for whole words. If you do not place a checkmark in this checkbox, LabVIEW finds all instances of the text in Type in the word(s) to search for, even when it is a fragment of a word. For searching purposes, a word is any sequence of characters delimited by non-alphanumeric characters, such as spaces, or the start or end of a line. For example, if you place a checkmark in this checkbox, a search for foo does not match an occurrence of foot or food.
- Regular expression—Appears if you select Text at the top of the dialog box. Place a checkmark in this checkbox if the text in Type in the word(s) to search for is a regular expression. The regular expression has the same specifications as the Match Pattern function. When you use the Regular expression option to search for text, LabVIEW replaces only the first match in each string. You can iteratively perform the find and replace operation until LabVIEW replaces all the search results, or you can remove the checkmark in the Regular expression checkbox.
- More Options—Appears if you select Text at the top of the dialog box. Click the More Options button to configure where LabVIEW searches for the text. When you click the More Options button, the Text Search Options dialog box appears.
- Application Instance—Specifies the application instance in which to search for the VI, object, or text. The default application instance is the application instance from which you opened the Find dialog box.
- Search Scope—Sets the scope of the search.
- Search Scope—Selects the scope of the search. Search the current VI, selected VIs in the application instance, or all VIs in the application instance. If you select Selected VIs, click the Select button to select the VIs to search.
- Select—Click the Select button to select the VIs to search. When you click the Select button, the Select VIs To Search dialog box appears.
- Include—Selects which VIs to include in the search.
- SubVIs—Searches all subVIs of the VIs you select in Search Scope.
- Hierarchy window—Searches the VI Hierarchy window of the VIs you select in Search Scope.
- Ignore VIs in vi.lib—Ignores the VIs in vi.lib that are included in the Search Scope.