Requires: Base Development System
Select Tools»Prepare Example VIs for NI Example Finder to display this dialog box.
Use this dialog box to prepare example VIs you create to appear in the NI Example Finder. You also can use this dialog box to prepare project-based examples to appear in the NI Example Finder. Project-based examples include LabVIEW project files (.lvproj) that you document just as you would document an example VI.
Use the Build Data File page to build the data (.bin3) file that stores the task-based browse paths, keywords, and other information about the example VIs you document.
|The example VIs you created and the .bin3 file must reside in the following subdirectories of the labview directory:
- example VIs—examples, instr.lib, or user.lib. For example, labview\user.lib\my_examples is an acceptable directory in which to include the example VIs. The example VIs also must reside in a directory structure identical to the directory structure in which they will reside on the user computer.
- .bin3 file—examples\exbins, instr.lib, or user.lib
This dialog box includes the following components:
- Start directory for examples—Determines the directory that contains the example VIs or projects you want to appear in the NI Example Finder.
- Double-click the example to document—Determines the example VI or project you want to document by adding task-based browse paths, keywords, and a description.
|Note If an example VI is part of a project-based example and that example VI can run independently of the LabVIEW project, you can document both the project and example VI. To document a project, navigate to and select the project file (.lvproj) in the Double-click the example to document list.|
- Double-click to add a browse path—Determines the task-based browse paths to display on the Browse page of the NI Example Finder for a user to browse by task to an example VI or project.
- Double-click to add a word—Lists available keywords to add to an example VI or project.
- Remove Keyword—Removes the keyword you selected from the Double-click to add a word listbox.
|Note To remove any keyword that you do not want to include in the example VI documentation, double-click that keyword in the Documentation table.|
- New keyword—Specifies the new keyword to add to the Double-click to add a word listbox.
- Add New Keyword—Adds the keyword you entered in the New Keyword text box to the Double-click to add a word listbox.
- Documentation—Displays the title of the example VI or project, and the paths and keywords you added to the example VI or project. The ADE (application development environment) and version of the ADE in which you created the example VI or project appear in the Documentation table when you scroll up. You cannot change the ADE and Version values.
- Copy—Copies the paths and keywords of the example VI or project you selected.
- View—Displays the task-based browse paths and keywords before you paste them into the example VI or project. You cannot edit the data values.
- Paste—Pastes the paths and keywords from the example VI or project in which you clicked the Copy button to the example VI or project you have currently selected.
- Example description—Determines the description to appear in the Description text box of the NI Example Finder. If you already entered a description for the example VI on the Documentation page of the VI Properties dialog box, the description appears in the Example description text box.
- Save Documentation—Saves the browse paths, keywords, and description to the example VI or project. Clicking this button overrides any existing task-based browse paths, keywords, and description you entered in the Example description text box or in the example VI on the Documentation page of the VI Properties dialog box.