Requires: Application Builder or Professional System
Use this page of the Shared Library Properties dialog box to add and remove files to build into the shared library.
This page includes the following components:
- Project Files—Displays the tree view of items under My Computer in the Project Explorer window. Click the arrow buttons next to the Exported VIs and Always Included listboxes to add selected files from Project Files to those lists or to remove selected files from the listboxes.
- Exported VIs—Specifies the exported VIs, which users can access as functions of the shared library. You must include at least one exported VI.
Click the arrow buttons next to the Exported VIs listbox to add selected VIs from the Project Files listbox or to remove selected VIs from the Exported VIs listbox.
If you add one file, the Define VI Prototype dialog box appears. If you add more than one file at a time, the Define VI Prototype dialog box does not appear and LabVIEW uses the default prototype.
- Define Prototype—Activates when you select an exported VI. Click the button to display the Define VI Prototype dialog box, which you can use to define the parameters of an exported VI.
- Always Included—Specifies the dynamic VIs and support files always to include in the shared library.
Click the arrow buttons next to the Always Included listbox to add selected files from the Project Files listbox or to remove selected files from the Always Included listbox. When you add a folder to the listbox, you add all items in the folder and cannot remove individual items.
Dynamic VIs are VIs that LabVIEW dynamically calls through the VI Server. Support files are non-VI files, such as drivers, text files, help files, and .NET assemblies that the shared library uses.
You cannot move the following files to the Exported VIs or Always Included listbox:
- Polymorphic VIs
- Private data controls
- Files that are not VIs, such as text, image, or .mnu files
- Library files, such as LabVIEW classes, or XControls
- Global variables
If you move a library or LabVIEW class to the Always Included listbox, LabVIEW labels all items in the library or class referenced. You can still designate any of the individual items as exported VIs. However, if you move any part of an XControl to the Always Included listbox, LabVIEW dims the related XControl files and includes the related files in the build. You cannot designate any of the related items as startup VIs.
Building and Distributing Applications Home