Complete the following steps to edit items in a ring control or enumerated type control:
- Right-click the control and select Edit Items from the shortcut menu to display the Edit Items page of the Properties dialog box.
- Complete one or more of the following actions:
- Press the <Insert> key to add an item. (Mac OS X) Click the Insert button.
- Select an item and press the <Delete> key to delete an item.
- Select an item and click the Disable button to disable an item. Users cannot select disabled items while the VI is running. If the item is already disabled, you can click the Enable button to enable it. You also can use the Disabled Items  property to disable or enable items programmatically.
- Double-click an item to edit the name of the item.
- Drag and drop items to change their order.
- Enter a hyphen (-) in an empty cell to create a separator in the list of items for the control. A separator is a thin bar that separates items in the menu of a ring or enumerated type control.
|Note You can drag and drop, enable or disable, and delete multiple items at once by pressing and holding the <Ctrl> key, selecting the items, and completing the desired action. (Mac OS X) Press the <Command> key. (Linux) Press the <Alt> key.|
- Click OK.
You also can use the Strings  property to add or remove items from ring controls programmatically.