Complete the following steps to add a new entry to the Machine access list.
- Select Tools»Options to display the Options dialog box.
- Select VI Server from the Category list of the Options dialog box.
- Click the Add button in the Machine access section to create a new entry.
- Type a valid browser address in the Machine name/address text box. Enter a domain name, such as mydomain.com, or an IP address, such as 22.214.171.124. You also can use wildcards in the browser address.
||Note If the VI Server runs on a computer that does not have access to a DNS server, do not use domain name entries in the Machine access list. Requests to resolve the domain name or IP address fail, slowing down the computer.|
- Click the Allow Access or Deny Access buttons to allow or deny access to the selected item, respectively. A green checkmark appears to the left of the item when you allow access, and a red X appears when you deny access.
If an entry does not have a green checkmark or a red X by its name, the syntax for the entry is incorrect. Edit the entry or click the Remove button to delete it.
- Click the OK button to close the Options dialog box and save the changes.