Complete the following steps to add a new entry to the Visible VIs list.
- Select Tools»Options to display the Options dialog box.
- Select Web Server from the Category list of the Options dialog box.
- Enter the name of the VI or directory path in the Visible VI text box in the Visible VIs section. You also can use wildcards in the VI name or directory path.
To specify a VI that is part of a LabVIEW project, you must include the project name, the project library, and the target in the path of the VI, when applicable. For example, if MyVI.vi resides in a project called MyProject.lvproj under target My Computer, enter the VI name as MyProject.lvproj/My Computer/MyVI.vi. If the VI resides in a project library called MyLibrary, also include the project library in the path, as in MyProject.lvproj/MyComputer/MyLibrary.lvlib:MyVI.vi. If the VI is not in a project or project library, you can enter the VI name without any additional information.
- Click the Allow Access button to allow access to the selected item. Click the Deny Access button to deny access to the selected item. If you are controlling a front panel remotely, you can set a time limit on how long a remote client can control a VI when multiple clients are waiting to control the VI. A green checkmark appears to the left of the item when you allow access, and a red X appears when you deny access.
- If an entry does not have a green checkmark or a red X by its name, the syntax for the entry is incorrect. Edit the entry or click the Remove button to delete it.
- Click the OK button to close the Options dialog box and save the changes.