Use the Domain Account Manager to create and destroy a local domain, export and import a local domain, add and remove network domains, import a Lookout account, and manage domain users and groups.
Complete the following steps to use the Domain Account Manager to create, configure, and delete domain users. You must be logged in to the domain to create, configure, or delete users.
- Select Tools»Security»Domain Account Manager to display the Domain Account Manager.
- Click the user list and select File»New»User or right-click the user list and select New from the shortcut menu to display the User Properties dialog box.
- Click the General tab and enter the user name in the User name text box.
- Enter the user's full name in the Full name text box.
- Enter a description in the Description text box.
- Place a checkmark in the Account is locked checkbox if you want to lock a user account without removing the user from the domain.
- Click the Change Password button to display the Change Password dialog box.
- Enter and re-type a password for the user and click the OK button.
- Click the Memberships tab and add the new user to a group by selecting the group in the Groups user can join list and clicking the right arrow button. To remove the user from a group, select a group in User is member of these groups list and click the left arrow button.
- Click the OK button.
You also can configure domain user properties. Click the user and select Edit»Properties or right-click the user and select Properties from the shortcut menu to display the User Properties dialog box and configure user settings.
To delete a domain user, click the user and select Edit»Delete or right-click the user and select Delete from the shortcut menu. You cannot delete a built-in user. Deleting a user invalidates all previous users by that name, and entries in the Access Control List might become invalid. Even if you recreate a user with the same name, the internal user identification number is different.