You can use the HTML or RTF files LabVIEW generates to create your own compiled help files.
Complete the following steps to create a compiled help file.
- Generate HTML or RTF files from the VI documentation:
- Generate HTML files if you want to create a (Windows) compiled HTML Help file or (Mac OS X) Apple Help.
- Generate RTF files if you want to create a (Windows) WinHelp or (Linux) HyperHelp file.
- Compile the source HTML or RTF documents into one file. You can use one of the following third-party utilities to compile the documents, but several utilities are available:
- (Windows) You can use Microsoft HTML Help Workshop to compile HTML Help files and use Microsoft Help Workshop to compile WinHelp files.
- (Mac OS X) You can use Apple Help to view HTML files as a help system.
- (Linux) You can use the HyperHelp compiler from Bristol Technology Incorporated to compile QuickHelp files.
- Link from the VIs you documented to the compiled help file.
If you want to create an HTML-based help file for multiple platforms, you can use a compiled HTML Help file on Windows and use uncompiled HTML files on Mac OS X and Linux. If you want to create an RTF-based help file for multiple platforms, you must compile the help file separately on each platform.