You can import HTML files into most word processing applications, and you can use HTML files to create compiled help files.
Complete the following steps to generate HTML documentation for a VI, template, or object.
- Open any VI, control, global variable, or template file and select File»Print to display the Print dialog box.
- In the Select VI(s) page of the Print dialog box, select whether you want to generate HTML documentation for the current VI or for multiple VIs and click the Next button. If you select Multiple VIs, select the files for which you want to generate HTML documentation from the Select VIs page and click the Next button.
- Select the components you want to include in the documentation from the Print Contents page and click the Next button. If you select VI documentation, select the components you want to include from the VI Documentation page and click the Next button.
- Select HTML file on the Destination page and click the Next button to display the HTML page.
- Set the options for the images.
- Click the Save button to display a file dialog box. The dialog box prompts you to name the HTML and image files and select the directory where you want to save the files. The default name of any HTML documentation is the name of the VI with a .html extension.
You also can use the Easy Print VI Panel or Documentation VI or the Print:VI To HTML method to generate VI documentation in HTML format programmatically.
(Statechart) You cannot generate HTML documentation for a statechart. However, you can generate XML documentation for a statechart and view the XML file in a Web browser.