You can use splitter bars such as toolbars or status bars to create professional user interfaces in the front panel window. Complete the following steps to create a status bar using a splitter bar.
- Create a new VI or open an existing one.
- Select Horizontal Splitter Bar from the Containers palette.
- Add the splitter bar to the front panel window near the bottom of the pane. As you drag the splitter bar to the position you want, a dashed line indicates the position of the splitter bar on the pane. If the dashed line is red, the alignment grid is enabled.
- Two scrollable panes appear in the front panel window.
- Add the controls you want to use to the status bar in the lower pane.
- Right-click the splitter bar and select Locked, and Splitter Sizing»Splitter Sticks Bottom from the shortcut menu.
- Right-click the splitter bar, select Lower Pane»Horizontal Scrollbar»Always Off, and select Lower Pane»Vertical Scrollbar»Always Off from the shortcut menu, to hide the lower scroll bars of the pane.
||Note You can display the scroll bars by right-clicking the splitter bar and selecting Lower Pane»Horizontal Scrollbar»Always On and Lower Pane»Vertical Scrollbar»Always On from the shortcut menu.
You can add objects to the upper pane without affecting the status bar you just created.