You can use splitter bars such as toolbars or status bars to create professional user interfaces in the front panel window. Complete the following steps to create a toolbar using a splitter bar.
- Create a new VI or open an existing one.
- Select Horizontal Splitter Bar from the Containers palette.
- Add the splitter bar to the front panel near the top of the pane. As you drag the splitter bar to the position you want, a dashed line indicates the position of the splitter bar on the pane. If the dashed line is red, the alignment grid is enabled.
- Two scrollable panes appear.
- Add the controls you want to use on the toolbar in the upper pane.
- Right-click the splitter bar and select Locked and Splitter Sizing»Splitter Sticks Top from the shortcut menu to indicate that resizing the front panel window causes the splitter bar to reposition based on the location of the top of the front panel window.
- Right-click the splitter bar, select Upper Pane»Horizontal Scrollbar»Always Off, and select Upper Pane»Vertical Scrollbar»Always Off from the shortcut menu, to hide the upper scroll bars of the pane.
||Note You can display the scroll bars by right-clicking the splitter bar and selecting Upper Pane»Horizontal Scrollbar»Always On and Upper Pane»Vertical Scrollbar»Always On from the shortcut menu.