Select File»Create Project to display the Create Project dialog box, which contains the following customizable templates and sample projects:
- Simple State Machine—A template that defines sections of code and the order in which they execute.
- Finite Measurement—A sample project that uses the Simple State Machine template to acquire a single measurement.
- Queued Message Handler—A template that monitors a user interface while allowing you to perform other tasks, such as data acquisition or logging.
- Continuous Measurement and Logging—A sample project that uses the Queued Message Handler template to acquire measurements continuously and log them to disk.
- Actor Framework—A template for an application that consists of multiple independent tasks that communicate with one another.
- Feedback Evaporative Cooler—A sample project that uses the Actor Framework template to cool a water tank, where the cooler is represented by either simulated or real hardware, controlled either manually or automatically, and viewed with one of two user interfaces.
|Note LabVIEW add-ons may install additional templates and sample projects.|
Templates show how to implement commonly-used design patterns in LabVIEW code, whereas sample projects show how to use a template for a specific application. Each template and sample project contains the project libraries, functions, structures, and user interfaces necessary to get started developing a scalable, robust application.
Refer to the LabVIEW Zone at ni.com for more information about application design patterns.