You can enable Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for network communication involving remote front panels.
Complete the following steps to enable SSL on the LabVIEW Web Server for remote front panels.
- Navigate to the Remote Panel Server section on the Web Server page of the Options dialog box. If necessary, enable the LabVIEW Web Server for use with remote front panels.
- Place a checkmark in the SSL checkbox.
- Enter the network port to encrypt with SSL in the SSL Port field or use the default SSL port 443. You cannot enable SSL on network communication that uses the default port 80.
- Leave the SSL certificate file text box blank to use the default LabVIEW self-signed certificate.
- (Optional) Create a custom self-signed certificate using NI Web-based Configuration & Monitoring. You also can use a certificate signed by a CA.
- (Optional) Specify the address of the system or target that contains the certificate in the Server address text box.
||Note You also can navigate directly to the certificate file that you created using the SSL certificate file text box.
- (Optional) Click the Query button to display available certificates located on the server in the Discovered certificates listbox.
- (Optional) Select the certificate from the Discovered certificates listbox.