After you read buffered data, you can monitor the buffer size and request diagnostic information about the buffers you specified.
Complete the following steps to monitor the buffer size.
- Add a While Loop to the block diagram.
- Add a DataSocket Open function to the left of the While Loop to open a data connection programmatically.
- Specify the buffer size for the client connection.
- Add a DataSocket Read function inside the While Loop.
- Wire the connection id output of the DataSocket Open function to the connection in input of the DataSocket Read function.
- Add a Property Node inside the While Loop to the right of the DataSocket Read function.
- Wire the connection out output of the DataSocket Read function to the reference input of the Property Node.
- Resize the Property Node and add a terminal.
- Click the first white area of the Property Node and select the Buffer Utilization (Bytes) property.
- Click the second white area of the Property Node and select the Buffer Utilization (Packets) property.
- Create indicators for each property to monitor the use of the buffer constraints you specified.
LabVIEW stops filling the client-side buffer when the first buffer size limit is reached for either the Buffer Maximum Bytes property or the Buffer Maximum Packets property.