Express VI components are linked through specific paths and naming conventions, so manually renaming or moving components breaks the Express VIs. You must use the Create or Edit Express VI dialog box to rename or move an Express VI.
Complete the following steps to rename an Express VI or move it to another location on the same computer.
- Select Tools»Advanced»Create or Edit Express VI to display the Create or Edit Express VI dialog box.
- Select the Express VI you want to rename or move from the Express VIs list.
- Click the Rename button to display the Rename Express VI dialog box.
- If you want to rename the Express VI, enter the new name in the New Express VI Name text box. By default, LabVIEW appends the next consecutive number to the original Express VI name.
- If you want to move the Express VI, enter the original name of the Express VI in the New Express VI Name text box and specify a new location in the Parent Directory text box.
- Click the OK button to return to the Create or Edit Express VI dialog box. The renamed Express VI appears in the Express VIs list. If you moved the Express VI, the updated path appears in the Path text box.