Complete the following steps to use the DIAdem Report Express VI to create reports from LabVIEW data. You can export the report as a PDF or HTML file, print the report, or automatically display the report.
||Note You must have DIAdem 9.1 Service Pack 2 or later installed to use the DIAdem Report Express VI. Visit ni.com to download an evaluation version of DIAdem or purchase DIAdem.
- Add the DIAdem Report Express VI to the block diagram.
The Configure DIAdem Report dialog box appears.
- In the Select Layout section, select the layout for the report. Choose from a built-in layout template or create and edit a custom layout. The Preview pane displays your data using the options you select.
||Note While editing a layout, do not load a different DIAdem layout or use the Save As option to change the file path. LabVIEW cannot locate a modified layout file. If you change the file path, use the browse button for the custom layout option to enter the new path to the modified layout file. If you use a relative path for the custom report layout file, LabVIEW interprets this path as a sub-path of the LabVIEW default data directory.
- In the Configure Report section, assign data to text and graphs in the report. Double-click a row to edit your text and graph data. When you click a row, a blue frame highlights the associated data in the Preview pane.
- Choose how you would like to view the report in the Target section. Choose from Output to file or device or View report immediately.
- Click the OK button to save the configuration and close the dialog box.
- Wire the inputs and outputs on the block diagram as needed.
- Run the VI. The VI exports the data from the DIAdem Report Express VI to the type of file you chose in the Target section of the Configure DIAdem Report dialog box.