The Navigation window displays an overview of the active front panel in edit mode or the active block diagram. Use the Navigation window to navigate large front panels or block diagrams.
Complete the following steps to practice using the Navigation window.
- Open the Exporting VIs project in the labview\examples\Application Control\VI Server\Exporting VIs directory.
Select View»Navigation Window to display the Navigation window or press the <Ctrl-Shift-N> keys. (Mac OS X) Press the <Command-Shift-N> keys. (Linux) Press the <Alt-Shift-N> keys.
- Complete the following steps to practice viewing and navigating a large front panel or block diagram using the Navigation window.
- Click an area of the image in the Navigation window to display that area in the front panel or block diagram window.
- Click and drag the image in the Navigation window to scroll through the front panel or block diagram. Portions of the front panel or block diagram that are not visible appear dimmed in the Navigation window.
- Resize the Navigation window to resize the image it displays.
Note If the front panel contains multiple panes, the Navigation window displays an image of the front panel. However, you cannot click or drag the image in the Navigation window to navigate the front panel. |