You can run validation tests to detect common problems in Express VIs that you create. Complete the following steps to run validation tests on an Express VI.
- Select Tools»Advanced»Create or Edit Express VI to display the Create or Edit Express VI dialog box.
- Select the Express VI you want to validate from the Express VIs list.
- Click the Validate button to display the Validation dialog box. The Validation dialog box displays a list of test results for the Express VI. A green checkmark indicates the Express VI passed the corresponding test. A red X indicates the Express VI failed the test.
- Click a specific test name to view a description of the test.
- Click the OK button to return to the Create or Edit Express VI dialog box.