||Note The VI Analyzer functionality this topic describes is available only if you install and activate the LabVIEW VI Analyzer Toolkit or if the LabVIEW Data\VI Analyzer Tests directory contains tests.
A VI Analyzer task contains information about the tests you want to run and the VIs you want to analyze. Complete the following steps to create a VI Analyzer task.
- From the Tools menu, select VI Analyzer»Analyze VIs.
- In the VI Analyzer - Select Task dialog box, select the Start a new VI Analyzer task option and click the Next button.
- In the VI Analyzer - Select VIs dialog box, click the Add Top-level Item button. Navigate to the LLB, folder, or VI you want to analyze. To select an LLB, double-click the VI folder icon to add all VIs contained in the LLB to the VI Analyzer task.
- If you selected a folder or LLB to analyze, expand the folders in the Items to Analyze hierarchy. Use the Include/Exclude Item(s) button to specify the exact VIs you want in the VI Analyzer task.
- Click the Next button.
The VI Analyzer - Select Tests dialog box allows you to select the tests you want to run. For each test, you can configure settings to determine specific criteria for passing or failing the test. Expand items in the Tests hierarchy to see all available VI Analyzer tests.
- Select the tests and settings you want for the analysis and click the Next button. By default, the VI Analyzer selects all tests.
- Change the settings in the VI Analyzer - Exclude Tests from VIs dialog box if you want to exclude specific tests from specific VIs.
- Save the configuration file if you want to reuse the settings with future VI Analyzer tasks.
- Click the Analyze button. The Analyzing VIs dialog box displays the progress of the VI Analyzer task.
Refer to the Creating and Configuring a VI Analyzer Task section of the LabVIEW VI Analyzer Toolkit User Guide for more information about VI Analyzer tasks.